Seattle Yacht Club Sailing Program Manager Summer Sailing Program • Full-time employment opportunity, especially busy during the Sailing Program weeks, with registration beginning in March. Will be responsible for the operation of the Seattle Yacht Club Summer Sailing School Program in a great setting in the Pacific Northwest. • Approximately 600 junior sailors from ages 7 - 18 attend the program over an 11-week period from June through August. The program operates from the Seattle Yacht Club on Portage Bay near downtown Seattle. Sailors are trained in Optimists, Vanguard 15’s, Lasers/Radials and RS FEVAs. Additionally, two sessions of evening classes for adults are held 3 days a week, usually Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
• The Summer Program Director will be able to relate to Parents, Instructors, Students and Yacht Club staff, and will work directly with the Sailing Director and Jr. Advisory Committee to continually strive to provide an excellent sailing experience for students.
• The Summer Program Director is an excellent leader, teacher, with strong administrative skills, and will work with the Sailing Director in organizing the program, primarily insuring safety and fun in the operations. He or she will also serve as liaison between the Instructors and the parents and SYC staff. The Summer Program Director is also responsible for the training of volunteer Junior Instructors, and will act as Program Director in the Director’s absence, and oversee the Lead Instructors in the administration of the Class groups.
Other additional duties on a year-round basis include assisting the Sailing Director with organizing regattas and special events for the Seattle Yacht Club. Responsibilities would include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Some volunteer recruitment and task coordination during events for both water and land-side activities.
• Create web site posting and updates.
• Accounting – track and process bills, charges and income for Sailing School, Race Team special events.
• Create and maintain data base email lists.
• Answer phone as needed.
• Interact positively with members, visiting sailors and staff at Seattle Yacht Club to promote an extremely fun boating environment.
Full benefits including Medical, Dental, 401K, FSA, team gear, daily meals.