The Buzzards Bay Coalition seeks a Senior Waterfront Instructor to support the development and implementation of high quality on-the-water programming and vessel management at the Onset Bay Center.
The Onset bay Center
The Onset Bay Center provides high-quality, on-the-water programs that engage people of all ages in a wide range of outdoor activities and educational programs focused on building connection and a sense of stewardship toward Buzzards Bay. In the past five years, we have acquired nearly 100 acres of beach, dune, tidal flats, saltmarshes and coastal forestland at Burgess Point, Wickets Island and Shell Point Bay. These and other lands provide the destinations for Bay ecology and on-the-water programs.
Responsibilities of the Senior Waterfront Instructor
Working with the Onset Bay Center Manager, the Senior Waterfront Instructor will be responsible for coordinating the OBC’s activity programs, including summer camps, afterschool programs, adult and family classes, and youth classes.
- Coordinating maintenance and storage of all waterfront and outdoor exploration equipment.
- Assisting with the design and implementation of on-the-water recreation and outdoor exploration programs that attract a wide range of people;
- Ensuring a safe environment for all outdoor, on-the-water and shore side activities;
- Assisting in the daily management of seasonal sailing staff;
The full-time Senior Waterfront Instructor reports to the Onset Bay Center Manager and is based at the Coalition’s Onset Bay Center.
The ideal candidate will have:
- more than 3 years of on-the-water boating, nonprofit or recreation program experience;
- a proven track record of successfully creating and implementing on-the-water education and recreational programs;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly with children and young adults;
Applicants must be willing to work some weekends or in the evenings and in various weather conditions.
Preference will be given to applicants willing to relocate to within 30 minutes of the Onset Bay Center, Onset, MA, and remain living in the area while holding the position.
Highly competitive salary plus benefits including employer contributions towards Health Insurance and 401(k) Retirement plan and access to supplemental benefits.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
The Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email to Stuart Downie, Vice President of Outdoor Exploration at firstname.lastname@example.org