• Ability to coach at all levels.
• Self-starter with ideas and projects.
• Ability to operate a full range of small sailboats and motorboats safely.
• Boat maintenance knowhow for dinghy and motorboat repair and rigging, including fiberglass.
• Computer skills sufficient to communicate with sailors and their parents, and create documents when required.
• Must be able to organize multiple events at once and plan events far in the future.
• Must be able to analyze situations with regard to safety and operations and make decisions quickly and effectively.
• Trailer driving experience.
• A demeanor and ability to stand up, respectfully, to parents and Members who can be very critical.
• Sound judgment and the ability to make decisions under pressure and difficult conditions, to protect the safety of sailors and equipment.
• Knowledge of water safety.
Education, Certifications and Experience Requirements
• Certified as US Sailing Instructor Level 1 or above throughout tenure in this position. US Sailing Level 3 preferred.
• SafeSport Certification
• CA Boaters Card
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• College Sailing team experience preferred.
• Olympic Class or Olympic Development racing experience preferred.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with boat transportation (trailers).
• Valid driver’s license, extensive driving experience and good driving record.