Sheridan Shore Sailing School is hiring for the following positions in the 2024 Season:
· Spring 2024 High School Coaches
· Summer 2024 Adult Keelboat Instructors
· Summer 2024 Youth Summer Camp Instructors/Coaches
The Sheridan Shore Sailing School is hiring instructors for the 2024 summer
season. The positions offer several opportunities: teach sailing to young students, work with a great group of senior coaches, enjoy the summer on the North Shore of Chicago, on beautiful Lake Michigan. You’ll have the opportunity to get involved with weeknight club racing and race the infamous Chicago to Mac Race.
Our sailing school has 16-18 instructors teaching classes of all levels, from introductory Prams and Adult Keelboat classes to Advanced Racing Teams. Our priority is introducing new skill sets while providing students with a safe and fun learning environment.
Interested candidates should have the following certifications:
• US SAILING Small Boat Level 1 certified (or international equivalent)
• Level 2 for Race Coach positions
• Experience coaching Prams, Optis, and/or 420s
• Experience in HS and/or collegiate sailing
• SafeSport Certified
• CPR/First Aid Certified
• NASBLA Safe Powerboat Handling Certification
Spring Coaching begins mid-March, summer Instructor Orientation Week is June 2-
7, and the first day of the summer program is on June 10. The last day of our summer program is August 16th. We may be able to provide housing at a walking/biking distance for out of area instructors.
If interested, please send your resume, including two references and any questions to: