The candidate will be a leader who is highly organized and self-motivated with excellent communication skills. Experience with communicating with parents, yacht club members, sailors, and other staff respectfully and effectively preferred. Ideal candidate should be National level coach in singlehanded discipline (Laser, Radial, Laser 4.7 and Optimist)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Coaching the year-round Optimist and Laser Race Team Programs. The position may include a lot of travel for coaching, as well as professional development and program endorsement throughout the year.
● Coordinate regatta travel for all associated race programs along with a budget.
● Create and implement a winter training program in Florida, that is revenue neutral.
● Plan travel and regatta budgeting reconcile expense reports and invoice appropriately to all travel participants.
● Perform maintenance and repairs as necessary to ensure the sailing school assets are in platinum condition. These assets include all sailboats, RIBs, vans and the sailing school including the docks.
● Being an active member of the On-the-Water staff .
● The Singlehanded Coach is expected to aid the Sailing School Coordinator, Sailing Director and the Head Coach in the general running of the Sailing School, its events, programs, race teams, etc.
● Coordinate with the Optimist and Laser Race Team Parents and junior activities committee to develop and execute an internal and external communication strategy. This includes writing articles for club publications, communicating through social media and publishing a month sailing school newsletter.
Please send resume to David Gerber Gerber@chicagoyachtclub.org