Spring and Summer Coaches - Full & Part Time Available

701 Via Lido Soud
Newport Beach, CA 92663
United States

Job Start Date
Job End Date
Application Closing Date
Manages Others
Experience Required
Degree Required
Security Clearance Required
Housing Provided
From $18.00 To $27.00
Per Hour
Employment Type
Full Time
Work Schedule
Some Travel

Job Description
Lido Isle Yacht Club:

Lido Isle Yacht Club has been a staple of the competitive Newport Beach sailing scene since it's inception in 1928. Our Junior Program is well equipped and heavily regarded as one of the most enjoyed and most comprehensive programs in the area. Operating off of a small and private Newport Beach island, our summers are filled with competitive racing, adventure sailing, and weekend regattas. Our fleet consists of Naples Sabots, CFJ's, C420s, Lasers, Lido 14s, and a large selection of power vessels.

As a Yacht Club, LIYC finds identity in it's value and commitment to community. Parents and Yacht Club members will always be found working together to organize and support one of the many Junior Sailing events and are generally some of the friendliest people you will meet.

As a Sailing Program, we believe in the power that sailing can have on young minds. We believe that providing some of the best working conditions and hiring some of the best people are what make that a reality. We work hard to provide thorough training to our staff and to empower them in the work place and thus, many instructors have been here for 4 or more years!

Job Description: 
Lido Isle Yacht Club is seeking full and part time instruction staff and coaches for it's 2022 season.  Positions available range from beginner sailing instruction to coaching high performance racing programs. 

Spring Season: March 13th - April 28th

Spring Season Information: Our spring season runs from March 13th to April 28th. Instructors are generally scheduled from 3:00pm - 6:30pm with some exceptions for boat maintenance and private lessons. Positions available range from Beginner Sailing instruction to coaching high performance racing. 90% of private coaching and lesson proceeds go to the instructor / coach with the remaining 10% going to the yacht club to cover fuel. 


Summer Season: June 12th - August 14th 

Summer Season Information: Our summer season runs from June 12th until August 14th. Instructors are generally scheduled from 8:15am - 4:00pm with some exceptions being made for racing programs and others that end early or start late. 

Aside from the unique sailing and social opportunities that accompany the Newport Bay and Southern California, opportunities for overtime and extended hours are available through coaching weekend regattas, travelling to events, and working the club's many social events throughout the season. 


The summer sailing season kicks off on June 12th with a "Meet the Instructors" information meeting. Attendance to this event is mandatory, except for in extenuating circumstances. 

Attendance to Staff Training is mandatory. Staff Training takes place on June 14th, 15th, 16th, and 17th and generally runs from 8:15am to 4:00pm. This extended training period serves as a great way for our team to get to know one another and for our staff to learn, refresh, or revisit teaching methods. If you are interested in a position at LIYC and cannot make these staff training dates - please contact the Sailing Director.

Lunch is always provided on a dedicated 1 hour lunch break and staff are treated to a "Staff Appreciation Week" in early July as well as a 4 day staff trip at the end of the season. 

Opportunities for year - round positions are available 


Job Requirements:

  • US Sailing Small Boat Instructor LVL 1 Certificate (certification for the right candidate may be paid for by LIYC) 
  • CPR / Heart - Saver First Aid certification or equivalent 
  • Current* SafeSport Certification 
  • Completion of a NASBLA or other Boaters Safety program 
LIYC Instructors are expected to: 
  • Maintain a professional, fun, and safe demeanor at all times
  • Work alongside other staff, the sailing director, and CIT's to ensure the successful learning of all sailors. 
  • Foster a love and respect among sailors for the water, each other, and their equipment. 
  • Be hard working, organized, and prepared
  • Maintain a proactive mindset and be able to give and receive feedback. 
  • Cultivate a kind and inclusive community

To Apply - Use this website or send your cover letter and resume to sailingdirector@liyc.net


Job Requirements
Job Requirements:
US Sailing Small Boat Instructor LVL 1 Certificate (certification for the right candidate may be paid for by LIYC)
CPR / Heart - Saver First Aid certification or equivalent
Current* SafeSport Certification
Completion of a NASBLA or other Boaters Safety program
Anthony Capri
701 Via Lido Soud
Newport Beach CA 92663
United States

View Count 2,372