Position: Head Junior Coach
1) Ensure that the junior membership at St. Francis YC represents the club in the highest possible esteem; instill juniors with Corinthian values and encourage sportsmanship and teamwork.
2) Provide assistance and input into scheduling and organizing of high school practices and regattas. Coaching Fall High School, Spring After School and Youth Race Team practices, regattas, clinics, and some team travel.
3) Mentoring/yearly planning with Junior membership in order to determine individuals’ goals and training opportunities.
4) Coordinate programs, practices, and races with surrounding Bay area yacht clubs
5) Responsible for maintenance of Junior assets and Dinghy Dock, including fiberglass repair where required, and aesthetic up-keep to the St. Francis YC standard
6) Handling inquiries from membership, parents, guests, and other yacht clubs in a timely fashion.
7) Providing leadership and a senior presence to the coaching staff
8) Assisting in the upkeep of Junior Sailing portion of the website – posting of information, news articles, results, and photos.
9) Providing support to the race department under the direction of the Race Manager and Sailing Director, when required, to ensure smooth operation of water events.