Summer 2020 Race Coaches & Summer Staff
Hampton Yacht Club
4707 Victoria Blvd
Hampton, VA 23669
About Us: Hampton Yacht Club is the region’s premier sailing center based on the downtown Hampton waterfront. Our programs include Explorer, Opti Level 1, Intro to Opti Racing, Double Handed Level 1, Intro to Double Handed Racing, Messing About in Boats, Opti Racing (Green, Red, White, Blue Fleets) and c420 Race Team. Our programs enroll children ages 6 to 18. Instruction takes place in our Optis, new Fevas, club 420s and Sonars.
Job Description: We are looking for full-time sailing race coaches and instructors for our 2020 summer camp season! We are looking for Race Coaches for our Opti Green fleet, Opti RWB fleet and c420 fleet. We are open to hiring international sailors and will provide housing, however, you must be able to pay for your travel VISA. Classes run from the middle of June through the middle of August and range from beginning sailing to racing. Responsibilities include:
• Instruction in our youth summer camps (weekend regattas if you are a Race Coach).
• Race Coaches will be only working with our race teams.
• Occasional help in our adult programs, when needed.
• Ensuring a safe, organized, and educational waterfront and fleet.
• Necessary seamanship skills (upkeep of boats, equipment, and facilities).
• Help prepare and plan activities, chalk talks, etc. each day.
• Being able to start June 8th to August 16th.
• Other responsibilities considered necessary to meet the goals of Hampton Yacht Club.
• Self-motivated team player
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Strong background and experience in sailing
• Previous experiences in instructing/coaching sailing and a commitment to teaching is preferred
• Must hold US Sailing Level 1 certification or International equivalent
• Must hold current CPR/First Aid certifications
Compensation: Is negotiable, competitive, and commensurate with experience
Contact: Interested candidates should send a work resume and sailing resume via email to Rich Ash at firstname.lastname@example.org
4707 Victoria Blvd