About Us: The WaterFront Center (WFC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization located in Oyster Bay, New York. We provide access to the waters of Oyster Bay Harbor and Long Island Sound through our marine education programs, recreational and instructional sailing programs, paddleboard, kayak and sailboat rentals, and through harbor tours aboard our National Historic Landmark oyster sloop CHRISTEEN. Our junior fleet consists of new c420s, Optimists, new Sonars, Hobie Waves, and Hobie Getaways.
Job Description: We are looking for full-time sailing race coaches and instructors for our 2021 summer program season! We are looking for Race Coaches for our Opti Green fleet, Opti RWB fleet and c420 fleet. Classes run from the middle of June through the middle of August and range from beginning sailing to racing. Responsibilities include:
• Instruction in our youth summer camps (weekend regattas if you are a Race Coach).
• Race Coaches will be only working with our race teams.
• Occasional help in our adult programs, when needed.
• Ensuring a safe, organized, and educational waterfront and fleet.
• Necessary seamanship skills (upkeep of boats, equipment, and facilities).
• Help prepare and plan activities, chalk talks, etc. each day.
• Being able to start June 14th to August 21st.
• Other responsibilities considered necessary to meet the goals of The WaterFront Center.