Geneva Lake Sailing School is hiring a team of instructors for the 2021 Summer Camps.
Our comprehensive lineup of classes includes opportunities for beginners and advanced sailor of all ages to work on their skills in a safe and fun environment. In over 80 years of operation GLSS has established itself as the premier sailing school in the Inland Lakes area. We offer updated coach boat fleet with top-of-the-line safety features combined with modern facilities on one of the most beautiful lakes in the Midwest.
Our instructors work with the following classes:
KinderPram and Pram camp; first introduction to sailing for kids 4-11 years of age
Opticamp; intermediate class for Pram Camp graduates
420 camp; beginner class for youth ages 11 and up
Optimist learn to race class; introducing racing to sailors who want to compete in local events
420 Spinnaker Class introducing the art of flying a symmetrical spinnaker
Reachers Class; offering a balance of sailing multiple classes and other activities on the lake
Optimist, Melges 14 and X Boat race teams for the most advanced youth sailors competing in Inland Racing
Adult Classes ranging from beginner instruction, keelboat certification and racing our fleet of Sonars.
• Preparing daily practice plans based on the curriculum and weather conditions
• Running lessons including rigging, morning briefings, on water drills and debriefs, including video analysis
• Creating weekly progress reports for each sailor as means of monitoring the effectiveness of the practices
• Encouraging regatta participation and traveling to the event with the team
• Communicating with youth sailors’ parents and/or legal guardians to ensure proper information flow
• Ensuring a safe, organized and educational learning experience for all participants
• Up-keeping of boats, equipment, and facilities
• Other responsibilities considered necessary to running effective practice session