1. The sailing instructor must be able to teach safety, boat handling and sailing theory to children who are beginning, intermediate or racing sailors.
2. He/She must be able to develop and follow lesson plans that include dry land and on-the-water drills and inclement weather activities.
3. He/She must have empathy for the students and be able to adapt to their individual needs.
4. He/She must keep attendance, camper achievements/progress, injuries and boat damage.
5. Other duties include care and maintenance of boats and surrounding area.
6. The sailing instructor must perform other tasks and be involved helping in other activities, if asked, for the benefit of the camp.
1. Ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week with irregular work hours
2. Possess skills relevant to the activity
3. Must possess the maturity, good judgment and leadership ability to lead our campers on trips