The Mantoloking Yacht Club is located in Mantoloking, NJ on Barnegat Bay. The Dockmaster will support Junior Sailing, Adult Sailing, and our general boating needs by making sure all support/coach boats and trailers are clean, safe and working properly, and our dock infrastructure is clean, safe and in good condition. Major boat repairs and upgrades will continue to be performed by a contractor. All dock work will continue to be done by our maintenance foreman, and other certified vendors This position will report to the Commodore, with dotted lines to the Sailing Committee Chair, Junior Sailing Program Head Instructor, Harbormaster and the Sandpiper Fleet Captain.
1. Ensure that all MYC owned boats and trailers have proper and current registrations and insurance coverage
2. Inspect each boat twice every day; first thing in the morning and at the end of the day. Note any deficiencies and report to head sailing instructor
3. Inspect all trailers on a regular basis and organize any required repairs
4. Perform routine maintenance and minor repairs onsite.
5. Report all other repairs to approved contractor and facilitate/track 24-hour response time.
6. Lead the process for updating long term maintenance and replacement plans for all boats and trailers.
7. Ensure all boat users are properly trained and use the boats in accordance with training and MYC safety/user policies. Report any issues to head sailing instructor
8. Ensure all ribs are properly inflated
9. Ensure all rib/boat engines are properly flushed on a regular basis
10. Make sure all ribs/boats have proper safety equipment and are clean and dry
11. All other related tasks as assigned by Junior Sailing or Adult Sailing
1. Keep land storage area organized (Optis, Lasers, 420’s, Sandpipers, etc). Move and relocate boats and trailers as necessary or as directed.
2. Help organize Opti trailers for regattas
3. Support needs of Regatta Committee for major MYC Regattas
1. Inspect all docks and waterfront breakfronts for possible issues on a regular basis
2. Identify any repairs needed for electric, water, broken planks and report to Harbormaster and maintenance foreman
3. Identify any dock cleaning required and report to Club Manager (dock cleaning is performed by employees working for the Club Manager)
4. Responsible for inspecting hoist operation on a regular basis and reporting any issues to Harbormaster (pre- and post- season commissioning and decommissioning to be done by Harbormaster)
5. Any other tasks as assigned by the Harbormaster
1. Be part of the MYC employee team that provides high quality services during the summer season. Team includes Club Manager, Maintenance Forman, Head Sailing Instructor.
2. Be aware of anything that looks out of place, and either resolve, or report the problem immediately.
3. Hours will be 8am to 4pm M-F (but can be flexible) and on weekends as required/requested (Limited)