Enthusiastic & experienced sailor with knowledge of small boat sailing, rigging and racing techniques. Responsibility for the care and maintenance of Club-owned assets as well as lesson planning with day to day class activities.
Reports to Junior Director.
Tasks and Duties:
- Provide instruction to sailors in a manner that creates a safe, positive learning environment.
- Serve as a positive role model to students.
- Create daily and weekly lesson plans that are age/ability appropriate for students.
- Aid in the rigging and de-rigging of student boats, including helping lift boats off of racks and stepping masts, where necessary.
- Assist the Junior Director with day to day operations of facilities and equipment.
Looking for coaches/instructors willing to work with learn to sail kids as well as more experienced. Ideal candidate will be available all summer, but we have some room for flexibility with dates.