The Sailing Museum opens in May 2022!
The Sailing Museum:
● Preserves a historic building and site steeped in sailing history
● Celebrates the heritage of the sport and honors those who have shaped it over time by showcasing the
National Sailing Hall of Fame and the America’s Cup Hall of Fame
● Supports area educators through on-site, hands-on STEAM learning experiences
● Provides a first-rate tourist attraction that will add value to the Newport landscape
● Builds community through cross-generational partnerships, work, and volunteer opportunities
● Supports peer organizations in a common goal to grow sailing
Available Positions: Full-time and Part-time Museum Store & Ticket Associates
The Sailing Museum seeks Museum Store & Ticket Associates for both full and part-time positions.
Full-time Associates work a minimum of 32 hours/week and Part-time Associates will work up to 25
hours/week, flexibility will be appreciated. One weekend day is required. Shifts are 9:30AM to 6PM.
● Act as the first point of contact for our visitors, welcoming them to the Museum, answering questions about tickets and memberships, selling tickets and merchandise.
● Assist customers in the store, manage transactions on the POS system.
● Help with keeping inventory stocked and updated.
● Must be able to navigate stairs and stand for up to an hour at a time with only short periods to sit throughout the day. Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
The desirable candidate will possess the following qualifications:
● Familiarity with mobile devices, point of sale systems, retail sales, customer service and inventory
are required. Training on our system will be provided.
● Ability to work in a busy environment and multi-task and be able to respond to changing situations
● Excellent verbal, interpersonal and customer service skills.
● Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and training guides.
● Follow prescribed safety and health rules, regulations, and practices.
● A knowledge of and enthusiasm of sailing and the Newport area is welcome.
● Prior museum experience is preferred but not required.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the position name in the subject line. Competitive hourly pay and paid time off for Full-Time employees.
Physical demands typically associated with the position include but are not limited to light work, lifting, reaching, organizing, and moving inventory. For the safety of our visitors and staff, The Sailing Museum requires proof of vaccination against Covid-19 for all employees. Religious or medical exemptions will be accepted. The Sailing Museum provides a welcoming and inclusive environment for visitors, volunteers and staff, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.