Water sports and summer camp Director(summer and possible year round)
Reports to: General Manager FLSA: Salary Exempt Position
Coral Ridge Yacht Club was founded in 1947 and is a Member-owned club located in Southeast Florida. Our membership of 300 enjoys several dining options throughout the week and year whether it is themed dining nights, holiday events or just a casual lunch or intimate dinner in one of our several dining rooms. Amenities include Food and Dining, Olympic Swimming Pool, Point Bar Pavilion, 56 Slip Marina, Fitness and Sailing.
JOB SUMMARY (Essential Functions):
A full-time professional committed to providing leadership and management of the marina. Oversee and assist with maintaining the docks in top condition. Coordinate administrative and organizational activities of the Marina and waterfront. Implement a Marketing Plan and controls designed to optimize dock revenue, water-sports program, sailing and a community outreach program. Assist the CRYC Sailing and Water-sports Foundations efforts to make water related sports, sailing, and water safety education available to the Fort Lauderdale Community. Oversee the watercraft owned by the Foundation to ensure that the fleet remains in good operational and safe condition and is made available for use by all those responding to our community outreach efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversee and manage daily operations
2. Enforce the Rules and By-Laws of the Club.
3. Adhere to and enforce day to day marina operations in accordance with all safety policies, regulations, company policies, local/state/federal laws.
4. Assign and manage dock space actively, maintaining operational logs across numerous departments.
5. Monitor internal cost control procedures across each responsible department.
6. Participate in facility inspections to ensure that standards of cleanliness and maintenance are met.
7. Interact with members and guests daily to ensure consistent high level of service and solicit feedback.
8. Assist Director of Finance and General Manager to create and execute monthly forecasts and yearly budget for marina which is approved by the General Manager and the Board. Ensure all waterfront programs and expenditures achieve the program and financial goals for the fiscal year.
9. Successfully follow and demonstrate financial accountability to budgets, plans, billing, payroll, maintenance, and Club property needs.
10. Maintain a fleet of kayaks, paddle boards, sailing boats, dinghies, and pontoon boat for member and community program use.
11. Ensure excellent customer service to slip holders, members, visiting yachtsmen, and other guests. Discussing with boating members their concerns and determining satisfactory and quick solutions, if there is a problem.
12. Marketing the marina assets and benefits within the club membership.
13. Promote boating safety and education for the Membership.
14. Manage the wet slips and waiting list with the goal of 100% occupancy.
15. Perform administrative duties such as scheduling, permeant, and transient billing, maintaining slip holder contact lists, slip assignments, obtaining vendor RFPs, etc. Reporting to the General Manager and Fleet Captain.
16. Participate in all applicable committee meetings and safety meetings.
17. Coordinate various events with management team including raft ups, holiday events and working with outside vendors supplying product or services to these events.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Preferred experience for the position includes a minimum of 5 years of previous management experience or work experience as an assistant Dockmaster or Dockmaster or waterfront director with a proven track record of team leadership and customer service.
2. Current CPR & AED certification or ability/willingness to obtain upon hire.
3. A minimum of 5 years boat handling experience with vessels of various sizes.
4. CMO or CMM Certification from the Association of Marina Industries is also a plus.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, CORE COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
1. Excellent written and oral communications skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software, Microsoft office to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
2. Professional appearance and demeanor, good character and commitment to his/her work are a must to interact with members and help to assure maximum member satisfaction.
3. Strong interpersonal skills and diplomacy to deal with the Club’s Membership.
4. Demonstrates ability to interact effectively with the Club’s staff as well as serve successfully as a key participant on the Management team.
5. Ability to meet imposed deadlines.
6. Possesses effective time management skills.
7. Possess financial budgeting and forecasting acumen.
8. Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
9. Minimum Work Schedule is 5 Days per Week with 45-50 hours per week and the ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays if requested, depending on the event/regatta/sailing calendar.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or reach.
2. Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
3. Continuous repetitive motions.
4. Work in hot, humid and noisy environment.
5. Some degree of mechanical work or knowledge with various hand tools a plus.
Interested professionals who meet or exceed the established criteria should submit a Resume and detailed Cover Letter describing their alignment with the qualifications outlined in this profile and the reason for their interest in the Marina and Waterfront Director position. Resumes and cover letter should be sent to GM@cryc.net