REPORTING and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reports directly to General Manager and works closely with other club department heads including the Harbormaster. This position requires a team-oriented approach and a collegial atmosphere with other members of the club management team.
• Coordinates with the Yachting and Jr. Sailing Committees, as well as ongoing communication with parents, sailors, and other adult club members in a service oriented professional manner.
• Market and promote all programs, building participation among members and attracting prospective members.
• Organize/coordinate all adult and junior activities including clinics, summer camps, race teams, team travel, and private lessons.
• Develop and implement a modern and effective curriculum to create skilled and confident junior sailors and boaters.
• Hire coaching staff for summer camp and race teams as needed.
• Lead in the preparation and management of junior and adult regattas held at NYCC.
• Establish an annual budget in collaboration with the Yachting committee and club management.
• Coordinate maintenance of all NYCC coach boats, club sailboats, and trailers. Ensure that the waterfront assets are appropriate to support current and future sail and powerboat training needs.
• Maintain regular office hours on a schedule that includes some evenings, weekends, and holidays. Reduced hours during the offseason is common.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Candidates must display a professional manner and enthusiasm for the private club environment.
• Demonstrated success as a program leader with excellent communication skills.
• Experience in teaching all levels of boating skills.
• Creativity in facilitating continuous improvement in all programs.
• Ability to coach or find contract coaches for individual and team racing, power boating and keelboat sailing courses, clinics, and seminars each 2-3 times a year.
• Extensive race team (Optimist, Laser, c420), coaching experience preferred.
• US Sailing Basic Keelboat Instructor Certification preferred.
• Familiarity with marketing tools, word-processing, spreadsheet and online registration software programs and all social media platforms.
• Must be First Aid/AED/CPR and US Sailing Level 2 or higher certified.
• Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
Please submit your resume and cover letter highlighting your past experiences. Feel free to include your sailing CV along with your professional sailing involvements.
Please send them to Ben Schill, Commodore, at: