Job Title: Club Manager
Organization: Willamette Sailing Club
Location: Portland, Oregon
A dream job in a dream location
Willamette Sailing Club (WSC) is a dynamic and growing small boat sailing club on
the Willamette River in Portland, Oregon. WSC is dedicated to the sailing
experiences both on and off the water and seeks to promote sailing to future
generations. WSC has a membership of approximately 300 members.
What type of manager are we looking for?
As the Club Manager of Willamette Sailing Club, you will lead a small team to
manage the club’s day to day activities while also driving the club to be better
tomorrow than it is today. Your leadership will be comprehensive, including the
ability to prioritize financial management and communicate professionally with the
membership and Board of Directors. You will have strong financial skills to ensure
club budgets are used effectively to achieve goals. You will have future vision as
well as an eye for detail to ensure that the club remains a leading sailing
center. You will be willing to work flexible hours aligned with club events and
What work will you perform?
1. Manage club financials closely, develop budgets and advise and keep the
membership and Board apprised of the financial status of the club.
2. Control expenses while improving levels of member service and quality.
3. Evaluate membership trends and advise the Board on future needs to ensure a
healthy and thriving club.
4. Manage payroll, end of year reporting and taxes.
5. Manage and motivate a small team of staff and volunteers, ensuring they have
strong member oriented service values.
6. Manage all club communications with membership and the public.
7. Support the Sailing Program Manager (another position reporting to the Board)
to operate and expand the sailing school.
8. Organize cost effective social events for sailors utilizing the new club facilities.
9. Manage facilities maintenance staff and volunteers to ensure that the new
clubhouse and other facilities are very well maintained and improved over time.
10. Ensure that the club maintains a safe and equitable environment for employees
11. Advise the Board on club improvements that will enable the club to retain
existing members and to attract new members.
Who will you work with?
You work for the members of the club in general and will be expected to be visible
and engaged with club members with high frequency. You will report to the head of
the Board of Directors who is elected by the club members annually. You will work
closely with members of the Board and committees appointed by the Board to
tackle special projects. You will work cooperatively with the Sailing Program
Manager to operate and enlarge the clubs Sailing School.
What skills you will bring
1. 5+ years working in management and hospitality.
2. Bachelor’s degree or higher.
3. Preference towards experience working in an outdoor field.
4. 5+ years experience with budget planning, budget management, and financial
5. Fluent knowledge of accounting software such as Quickbooks Online.
1. Location on the water in the heart of beautiful Portland, Oregon
2. Competitive salary, and vacation
3. Medical insurance
4. Being part of a community with shared passion for the water and teaching
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.