POSITIONS Available: Full-time, Part-time and Summer Instructors.
REPORTS TO: Sailing Director or Assistant Sailing Director
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES: for Full-time instructor
Help manage and execute all sailing instruction programs, including summer camp according to availability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All instructors must have a minimum and current US Sailing Level 1 Certification. As well as at least 1-year of coaching experience.
- To assist with instruction of individual YSF Sailing Programs as assigned.
- To uphold policies that maximize the safety of program participants.
- Review program schedules and make recommendations for revision as needed.
- 4. To oversee all assisting staff and volunteer orientation and training plus a full inspection of all boats and equipment associated with your programs on a weekly basis.
- 5. To oversee day-to-day operations, including:
- a. Boat Maintenance: Keeping all boats in safe and professional operating condition.
- b. Maintaining effective inventory controls on all boats and equipment.
- c. Keeping the sailing room, office, bulletin boards, and storage lockers organized and clean.
- d. To help produce all necessary literature for various programs, including publication articles as needed.
- e. To work closely with the YSF office staff to provide accurate information regarding attendance, scheduling, and billing.
- f. To assist with closedown operations after each semester (Fall, Spring, Summer) of the lesson programs.
- g. To provide complete progress reports on each student in the lesson program at the semester's end.
- h. Participate in hurricane preparation plan to protect YSF assets.
SUPERVISES: Assisting coaches, program volunteers, and sailors.
WORK WEEK: Typical week is Tuesday to Saturday with some negotiability for each instructor
Other Info: Youth Sailing Foundation of Indian River County is a growing program in search of instructors/coaches for various levels ranging from beginners to Racing in Optis and Club 420s. The program has a heavy focus on community outreach and provides scholarships to many of its participants. The program currently has 130 sailors enrolled in each session across a number of different classes.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to Ben Chafee our Sailing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.