POSITION: Year-Round Sailing Program Coach
REPORTS TO: Directly to Sailing Director and indirectly to Executive Director and Sailing Committee Chair
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Help manage and execute all assigned Sailing programs and participate in race activities as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All instructors must have a minimum and current US Sailing Level 1 Certification.
1. To manage and instruct individual YSF Sailing Programs as assigned.
2. To oversee the youth racing program if assigned as Racing Coach.
3. To uphold policies that maximize the safety of program participants.
4. To review program schedules and make recommendations for revision as needed.
5. To oversee all assisting staff and volunteer orientation and training plus a full inspection of all boats and equipment associated with your programs on a weekly basis.
6. To oversee day-to-day operations, including:
a. Supervising assisting instructors, providing guidance and feedback.
b. Boat Maintenance: Keeping all boats in safe and professional operating condition.
c. Maintaining effective inventory controls on all boats and equipment.
d. Keeping the sailing room, office, bulletin boards, and storage lockers organized and clean.
e. To help produce all necessary literature for various programs, including publication articles as needed.
f. To work closely with the YSF office staff to provide accurate information regarding attendance, and scheduling.
g. To assist with closedown operations after each semester (Fall, Spring, Summer) of the lesson programs.
h. To provide complete progress reports on each student in the lesson program at the semester's end.
i. Participate in hurricane preparation plan to protect YSF assets.
j. To promote community interest and satisfaction with the highest quality and availability of these programs. This includes assisting in outreach and fundraising duties at the request and direction of the Executive Director.
SUPERVISES: Assisting coaches, program volunteers, and sailors.
WORK WEEK: Tuesday – Saturday and Sundays as required for regattas.